29 July 2007

Still More Miscellany

It appears I've been remiss in my daily postings. So, to catch you up on the past three days...

I'd had a remarkable week, in terms of commerce and customer satisfaction, all which came to a screeching halt. Or a plateau, perhaps. Kitchenaid mixer deal, replacement breadmaker, free chocolate. My heretofore fabulous new pen started skipping on the page - a major irritant - and I called up Levenger to see if there was anything I could do, beyond rinsing it. The CS agent e-mailed me a return label and told me they'll replace it. Score! My camera flash has been hinky for months. I just bought it a year ago (so it's four weeks out of warranty) - I don't often need the fill flash, but it's annoying when I do. Anyhow, I took my camera into the local Nikon repair shop and they tell me that the repair will run $250. What! I can try my luck, sending it in and hoping for warranty grace, but it will likely take 4+ weeks [the reason I never sent it in for repair during the school year...] and there's no guarantee they'll do it for free anyhow. At that rate, I'll just buy a for-real flash and forgo repair. Brian went shopping and came home with a blender. The drive shaft teeth that engage the turning thingy in the jar have nearly sheared off. I don't know what he brought home, but I told him that if he's going to replace it, at least replace it with another Kitchenaid - those things take down ice like nobody's business. Anyhow, a quick search of the internets reveals this is a common problem - particularly for those impatient consumers like us who shake the jar back and forth during blending... So we don't need a new blender, but a $6 part. Not bad.

Ha ha - that Kitchenaid blender link shows the review I wrote 6 years ago when I purchased it! 102 of 106 people have found my review helpful. :)

Let's see, Friday night, I went to our church's Not-Your-Mainstream-Movie Night. Run Lola Run, postponed from May. I'd seen it before, but I really liked it. I got more out of it this time. It's tight filmmaking. And I actually enjoy reading movies, so I don't need much of an excuse to watch something subtitled. I dig Franka Potente, though her co-star was kind of annoying - I think it's his distractingly large lips.

Slept in this morning and went to the second service. 'Twas quite odd, not being there at daybreak, for once. Went to Crispers afterwards, where I had one of their flatbreads. I was pleasantly surprised - lots of Parmesan or Asiago on the crust that melted and browned and got all crunchity. You should try one.

And in case you weren't aware, the leaving of marshmallows in a car in Florida doesn't end well for the marshmallows.

I was reminded today that we're going to a wedding this weekend. I'm helping out with the flowers, which means I need to pack exceptionally sketchy-looking stuff like floral wire and hot glue sticks. Maybe I should just FedEx them ahead and circumvent the TSA altogether...


I promise to post something of more substance later. But I need to do more reading and less writing.

No comments: