03 July 2007

Assorted Brainings

Look. I only have a couple months of summer, which afford me the fun and privilege of getting mail from the mailbox. I'm tired of crappy mail. So send me stuff already. Postcard, letter, a box of socks, I don't care. Just something better than junk mail and bills, please.


Call me simple, but these always make me smile. I can't explain it, they just do.

[By the way, try a google image search for those things if you don't know what they're really called. Fun times ensue.]



And will someone tell me why white and silver cars are so popular? They're so boring - like the guys on the assembly line let them roll off without being painted.


This might be all for today. I just got home from South Florida and there is reading I want to do. But I might give in and go rent a couple movies I have had on my to-watch list for months. Specifically, Children of Men and Notes on a Scandal (the book was excellent).

2 comments:

Troy Urquhart said...

Look, I'm not mailing you anything. You can endure the junk mail and the bills like the rest of us.

Seriously, do you think that something other than junk mail and bills come when it isn't summer? And that whoever it is that sends such great mail suddenly stops when you don't have to go to work?

:)

I'm betting you'll enjoy both of those movies, though. They're way less boring than white cars.

Jennifer said...

I don't think that summer mail is fundamentally different - the difference is that during the summer I care. :)

And for that attitude, mister, I'm going to send you my junk mail. You can have the bills, too.