18 July 2007

I Scream, You Scream...

Allrighty then. Chalk a point up for me in the portent column. We used to have a coffee shop a half-block from our house, but it abruptly closed a few months ago. This weekend, I thought, "How awesome it would be if an ice cream parlor took its place?" - because we have no nearby ice cream outlets. Well, there's a Cold Stone 3 miles away, which is good, but sometimes you just don't want all that or to spend that much. Anyhow, this morning, I walked out of Publix to see a construction crew installing a sign that reads "Hershey's Ice Cream" in place of the old coffee shop sign! Woo hoo! Too bad we're moving in a couple months. Well, good for the waistline.

Hm. The website claims they are not affiliated with Hershey's chocolate. That must be troublesome for them. Because they use the same font (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) and capital letters as Hershey's Chocolate. What's going on here?

Well, trademark infringement aside, I'm down with their flavors. Coffee, check. Banana, check. Mint Chip (that is green - a requirement), check. But hello - what's this!? Blue Moon?? [Okay, is there anything that *isn't* on wikipedia??] Oh, if it is anything like the Blue Moon I know and love, this is gonna get dangerous.

Blue Moon ice cream is apparently not exclusive to Bonnie Doon Ice Cream, Mishawaka, IN. I guess it's an upper-Midwest thing. Oh gosh, could this really be the same Froot-Loops-cheesecake-buttercream flavor of my youth... literally in my neighborhood? *swoon*

No comments: