24 July 2007

In the Kitchen with Jen


Kitchenaid Custom Metallics Brushed Nickel. Due to arrive 7 August. :) :) :)



Today's In-The-Kitchen Playlist:

Crossing Muddy Waters, John Hiatt
Why Georgia, John Mayer
Lakini's Juice, Live
You Look So Fine, Garbage
Oh Father, Madonna
Back 2 Good, Matchbox Twenty
Fade Into You, Mazzy Star
Gentleman Who Fell, Milla Jovovich
This Year's Love, David Grey
One Night in Bangkok, Murray Head
99 Red Balloons, Nena
Pink Moon, Nick Drake
The Rhythm of the Saints, Paul Simon (all tracks)

It's definitely a overcast-sky-day playlist.


Coconut cake is in the oven.

I haven't made these in a long time. The flavor combo of butterscotch and semisweet chips is one of my favorites. (the shopping good fortune continues - picked up a bag of chocolate chips at Publix that was marked on clearance for half-price. It didn't ring up at 50%, so they gave it to me for free! Free sweets - even better.)

Chow Mein Noodle Drops

1 part butterscotch chips
1 part semisweet chocolate chips
1.5 parts mini marshmallows
1.5 parts chow mein noodles

Over low heat, melt butterscotch and chocolate chips. When smooth, add marshmallows and remove from heat. Stir to coat and soften the marshmallows slightly, then toss in noodles. Stir to coat. Drop into mounds on a wax paper-covered baking sheet. Let cool. Or don't!



Back to the kitchen. There's fondant to roll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I am so jealous!

I love my current kitchenaid (white and a hand me down from the in-laws), but someday I will have an all metalic kitchen....