04 July 2007

More Miscellany

This is a horribly undignified way to die.

I passed this accident scene on I-95 Monday afternoon. Seeing the pancaked cars in the median, I was horrified at how grisly this accident had to be to flatten cars like that! So you can imagine my relief and surprise at learning that the overturned trailer was simply hauling compacted cars...


This is tasty stuff. Try it and tell me you don't agree.

Mixed Berries with Balsamic-Red Wine Reduction

3 parts balsamic vinegar
1 part red wine
1 part sugar
Splash of vanilla
Lemon zest

Combine balsamic, wine, and sugar. Simmer until reduced and syrupy (you can do this in the microwave - it takes a fraction of the time as it does on the stovetop and doesn't gas your house with vinegar fumes). Cool, then add vanilla and zest. Pour over a mixture of strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Or eat it right away. No matter.

No comments: