06 July 2007

It's Friday?

I love how days just blur into one another on vacation. I had no idea it was Friday until I had the pressure of titling this post (was going to do something lame like "XXXday's Thoughts), and I had to stop and think about it.

Anyhow...


NYTimes: Airline Math.

Only one-third of the traveling public makes connections? That's really surprising. That can't be right. In this day and age of the hub-and-spoke airlines, I would have figured many many more people would still be making connections. I admit my husband and I are far from the norm when it comes to flying behavior, but I would have bet money that direct flights were the exception, not the rule. Or at least 50%. We fly Continental, and we don't live in a hub, so it's a foregone conclusion that we'll connect. I guess the low-cost carriers without megahubs (and, thus, more direct flights) are making more advances than I gave them credit. Still, I'd like to know how the consulting firm arrived at their statistics. Did they analyze itineraries, or did they look at passenger info per flight to see how many passengers on a given plane were connecting on?



Going to a concert tonight. I don't know one thing about the guy, but our friends are the opening act.

Oh wait. I do recognize one of his songs. Cool.

No comments: