10 November 2007

On the iPod

My Whose-Music-Is-This-Certainly-Not-Mine-
Where-Are-The-Dave-Matthews-And-U2-Songs Playlist:


Grounds for Divorce, Wolf Parade1
Zombie Nation, Kernkraft 400
7 Nation Army, The White Stripes
When Worlds Collide, Powerman 5000
You Are a Runner and I Am My Father's Son, Wolf Parade
Hang Me Up To Dry, Cold War Kids
Faster Kill Pussycat, Oakenfold f. Brittany Murphy
Shine a Light, Wolf Parade
Shimmer, Fuel (okay, something more in my realm)
Santa Monica, Everclear
#1 Crush, Garbage
Silent Running, Mike + The Mechanics
Closer, Nine Inch Nails2
The Kill, 30 Seconds to Mars
Pepper, Butthole Surfers
A Girl Like You, Edwyn Collins
Promise, Eve 6
Hey Pretty, Poe
Lump, Presidents of the United States of America
Cult of Personality, Living Color

1 I'm running the serious risk of getting sick of this song, I like it so much. It's like iPod autism - I will listen to songs I really like 18 times in a row (okay, not that many ... maybe 14), which has to contribute to a hundredfold increase in the likelihood I will soon start to detest it.
2 I really wish this had different lyrics. It's such a great sounding song, but it's nothing I can play for public consumption.

It's rather... aggressive music. That's probably good, because I'm arranging my kitchen and pantry, and I need all the energy I can get. Big task.


I'm getting excited about dusting off the Christmas Music Playlist. I just can't bring myself to play it before Thanksgiving. Even though stores have stocked Christmas merch since September.

No comments: