30 November 2008

Stuff Jen Likes III

College bookstores.  College towns, in general.  I spent 24 years of my life in college towns, and I just dig them.

Orion.  Okay, it's probably everybody's favorite constellation.  But I like it.  He says winter is on the way.

Being greeted by a kiss on the cheek.  I've noticed an uptick in the number of friends who do this, and I love it.  It's very continental, which is immediately appealing, plus it's just a nice variation on the usual hug.

Maple.  I love maple-flavored everything, I don't know why I've never been to Vermont.

Green bananas.  Well,yellow, but with a definite green tone.  Once they are all yellow, I've no use for them.  At least not until they're blackened for banana bread.

Large spoons for cereal.

Fried green peas.


Cupcakes.  I know they're riding a crest of popularity, but I liked them before they were hip.  See also: swing dancing

Chips and dips.  Pita and hummus.  Potato and French onion.  Tortilla and refried beans.

Classical guitar.

The shimmering of long grass on a sunny breezy day.  See also: the silvery undersides of maple leaves against a stormy grey sky.

Gewurztraminer.

Bowls.  I'm technically on a dishware purchasing moratorium, because I can't help myself.  Plus, bowls are more useful than coffee mugs or plates, if you ask me.

Heart prints.  Cute valentine hearts, not anatomical drawings.


Christmas music.  Christmas, in general, but definitely the music.

Cranberries.

The scent of tomato vines.



No comments: