17 October 2007

Five Things

My life is in utter disarray.

There are five things I need to find. So far, I have located two. So, that's 40%. Still failing, but definitely redeemable.
- Toothbrush (found yesterday)
- Deodorant (found this morning)
- Blank CDs (haven't a clue - I might just cut my losses and go buy some)
- My Uncertainty book (no clue where it might be)
- A Consumer Reports magazine I'd been reading the night before our move (again, no clue)

I mean, at least the things I've found were the mission-critical personal-hygiene items, but still, there's no telling how long it will be before I locate these. Particularly forboding is the fact that the book was from the library, and I might be maxed out on renewals...

I have a mile-high stack of papers to grade, but I need to get the rest of my life in order. No comments from the peanut gallery about how I'm currently writing on my blog when I could be grading. It's called a break, people! Anyhow, I'm going to set a goal. Unpack two boxes per night. Now, that's a pretty reachable goal. And at that rate, we'll be unpacked around 2010. But, as someone who puts easy things on her to-do list for the mental victory of crossing them off, I'm all for easily-reached goals.


Other Top-Five Lists, just because:

Purdue University Courses
- Wine Appreciation (FS 470)
- Floral Arrangement and Interior Plant Management (HORT 360)
- Art History since 1400 (A&D 227)
- Weather Analysis and Forecasting (ATMS 444)
- Constitutional History since 1873 (HIST 328)

Literary and Theatrical Themes
- Highbrow comedy
- Unrequited love
- The non-Bond spy (think: Bourne Identity, Alias)
- Understated religious symbolism (think Matrix, *not* CS Lewis)
- Oblivious romance (think: Niles and Daphne on Frasier)

Desk Supplies
- Fountain pens
- Sticky notes
- Index cards, unlined
- Hole punches
- Erasers


Update (1201a): Found the CDs! At least now I'm passing. Unless I add my knives to the list. So, maybe I'll pretend I'm not looking for them...

No comments: