10 December 2007

...fall on your knees...

I love Christmas. Absolutely love it. No, I love the entire month of December and the run-up to Christmas. I will blog later (during/after finals, likely) about specifics, but it's such a holiday of possibility, of hope, of beauty, and of love. What's not to like? Well, this.

But beyond that, I very much enjoy Christmas music. So, since I just participated in our school's Christmas musical production this past weekend, I've been listening to Christmas music since mid-November, and also since I'm so far behind in grading I must be ahead, I present a few days of Christmas lists - but not the kind you check twice.


Five Favorite Classic Christmas Carols: 2007

The first two never change. The remaining three selections vary from year to year.
O Come O Come Emmanuel1
O Holy Night
Noel Nouvelet (Sing We Noel)2
The First Noel

[tie] Bring a Torch, Jeannette, Isabella
[tie] Carol of the Bells



1 I highly recommend listening to the version by Chasing Furies.
2 I highly recommend listening to the version by Apollo's Fire.

No comments: