29 June 2007

Is It Summer Yet?

Why, yes it is. I'm finally done with my silly education classes. Yay!

Why, in this age of teacher shortages, is getting certified to teach such an annoying process? Particularly for career-changers. I don't understand. I would think it would be smart to streamline the process as much as possible, in order to attract more teachers from other fields; there are a lot of us out here, and we're getting discouraged. And, you know, maybe fast-track those of us with masters degrees and graduate teaching experience? But hey, I don't run a state department of education. Of course, if I did, I'd start exempting teachers who can pass the professional-education certification exam from taking 12 credit hours in undergraduate education courses. Or else take a good look at the validity of an exam that someone can pass, having never taken any education courses.


We got out early today, and as I walked out to the parking lot, I saw a Bloodmobile. I'm a regular donor, but I'm usually pretty borderline when it comes to iron; I've resorted to iron supplements ahead of blood drives at school. Anyhow, since this one caught me by surprise, I figured I'd easily fail that crit test. AGAIN. But! My little blood drop sank all the way to the bottom of the copper (II) sulfate solution on its own! They didn't even have to centrifuge it. For, like, the first time *ever*, I think. Sweet. :)


I'm off to find a lilliko'i chiffon pie recipe...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The trick is that there's only a teacher shortage for schools no one WANTS to teach in. People are fighting tooth and nail over all of the good jobs.