24 May 2007

Just Plane Silly



Scurry away, planes! Scurry away from the Big Bad Thunderstorms!
...
Okay, it's clear, you can come back now.




ATTN REUTERS NEWS AGENCY

With a headline like this, I want *bees in the cockpit*. Don't toy with me.

Swarm of bees forces passenger plane to land



On the topic of planes, here's something I thought of recently, while on a plane at night, looking down at twinkling glittery cities:

What must the earth have looked like from a plane at night before electricity?

I almost immediately dismissed this as a Silly-Girl! thought (duh, Jen, if there's no electricity, there's probably not airplanes). But then I indulged myself. Take God, for example. I mean, He pretty much had the monopoly on views until planes were invented. He got to see the Before and After. I wonder whether He was thinking, "Gee, I can't wait until they figure out electricity, because it's going to make one side of the planet look way more interesting." And that led me to think about what else He can't wait for us to discover or for Him to reveal to us. Airplanes, even. Maybe He was thinking, "check this out - you guys are going to love this view!" But right now - what's He thinking, "Oh, man, it's going to be awesome when they figure ______ out!" about?



No comments: