30 May 2007

Hippo Birdie

It's my birthday eve! I like birthdays, I don't know why. Sometimes it's just nice to have an excuse to make a fuss. Don't get me wrong, I don't need much of an excuse to make a fuss over people on an average day. But I like birthday frippery - cake, balloons, cake, party hats, cake, ribbons, cake, confetti, cake. Oh! And it's a perfect excuse to make cake! If there's one thing that I can't wait for when I have kids, it's throwing boss birthday parties.

It's finally my golden birthday. 31 on the 31st. Latest possible one.

Do kids still have birthday parties at McDonalds? I remember so many parties there, at Putt-Putt (including my Sweet 16th - ha ha!), at ice cream parlors, at roller rinks. I wonder whether the outsourced birthday party is still in vogue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No anonymous comments is a mistake.

Jennifer said...

Changed.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, the putt putt b-day, I remember that one--the presents, the games, the BIG hair!