14 February 2013

Lent [Day 1]: Not Giving Up

Having spent a couple decades in the Catholic Church, I routinely gave something up this time of year.  It's been a while since I made a sacrifice during the Lenten season.  Lately, however, I find the idea of deliberately doing something during Lent - rather than choose something to not do - more appealing.  

A friend and I have groaned lately over the neglect of our blogs.  Scattered around my house, I have notebooks filled with scraps of writings, half-written verses on post-its, unfinished blog posts.

Since this is a season of contemplation, of sanctification, of meditation, of reflection, what better time for an exercise of discipline?  Here's a public vow to spend a portion of this Lent at the keyboard: as reader, as writer, as editor.

No comments: