26 February 2010

In the Kitchen

Spent a ton of money at Whole Foods tonight, but the company and subsequent dinner was totally worth it.

So far tonight, what's come out of my kitchen:

A riff on these, sans mustard and sauteed onions. Amazingly good on toasted wheat buns with feta, cucumber, and a sprinkle of lemon juice. Served with Israeli couscous and a steamed artichoke.

I have a hard time thinking any banana bread is going to be better than my mom's, but I'm willing to give this one a go.

And some organic whole-milk yogurt is inoculating as I type.

Tomorrow, I will make a week's worth of scones to go with my double cream and apricot jam. Probably grill a teriyaki pork tenderloin and some fresh pineapple spears. And some felafel in pita that I've been craving for a few days now.

As much as I adore computing in the kitchen, I figure it's just a matter of time before I have to explain the cake flour in my laptop to my sysadmin...

No comments: