04 May 2008

Hippo Birdie to Meeee!

It's May! Oh dear. I don't recall much of the last half of April. It is that time of the year that sort of accelerates away from me. And then it's August and we're back to school again, it seems. Time to make the long, overly ambitious to-do list for the summer, too.

Before all that, and since it's my birthday at the end of the month, I present my wishlist:
Hand-written letters, poetry, art, etc etc, from friends!


1G SD memory cards. I can't believe these are only $5 now! I think I spent $80 three years ago on one? At this price, I can use a few and not waste time pruning.

Nikon Flash. I can't decide between the SD-400 and the SD-600. I probably want the 600, but the compact size of the 400 is appealing...

Nikon Remote Shutter Button.


Pen Station. Dark Cherry with Raven Black ink. Or maybe Natural Cherry.

Fountain Pen Ink. Standard (not large) cartridges in Raven Black, Amethyst, Cardinal Red.


Blank books. I'm making two significant trips this summer - Europe Tour-o-Matic and Australia/New Zealand - and I want a couple travel journals for recording adventures. (hence all the photographic equipment)


Airplane Scarf. Since I can't find the US Airways flight attendant uniform scarf online anywhere, this would do.

Music: Albums from Brandon Heath, Smalltown Poets, The Sundays, Poi Dog Pondering (but not Volo Volo or Pomegranate).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were a gear junkie for your camera.

Wow, 2 awesome trips planned for this summer. I'm totally jealous. I've been so addicted to European travel that I've never really thought of doing NZ/AUS. I'll look forward to your pics talking me into it!

Jennifer said...

Adam, you *have* to go west. Europe is so pricey - AUS/NZ are such better values. We've been a few times (new places in NZ this time), and it's wonderful. It's what we use our frequent-flier miles on, and since the language is the same (well, close enough!), you get the foreign flavor without the language barrier. And it's *beautiful*. Here are some pictures from our last trip. I'll dig up some from our first NZ trip and post them; I don't have them on tabblo yet.

I swear I'm not as big a gear junkie as this list might indicate! My on-body flash is broken and out of warranty - so I'm looking at a for-serious flash instead of pricier repair work. And I'm too lazy/scared to delete photos from my memory cards! The remote is the nifty "toy". :)